Wednesday, June 6, 2018

event 3

As a major fan of nature, the natural history museum was the perfect way to end the quarter. I greatly enjoy observing the stunningly beautiful exhibits. The variety of what the museum contains can amuse anyone whether it's the large dinosaur fossils, gems and minerals, or insects. Like most people going through the natural history exhibits, the dinosaur exhibit really interested me, in particular, the t-rex toe bone. However, this toe bone was no ordinary toe bone, the public was open to touch it. Being able to touch the bone of a t-rex that lived so long ago was crazy to wrap my head around.

Another part of the museum I enjoyed were the nature gardens. The atmosphere was incredible with different scenes of nature all around you. Waterfalls mixed with aesthetically pleasing man made structures added to the environment. The ponds were gorgeous and a structure made with sticks that I was able to somewhat crawl into all added up to a good time. Coming from a part of San Diego that was filled with forested areas and hiking trails made me nostalgic in the garden. Being surrounded by nature is such an amazing experience every time and the nature gardens allowed me to relive that feeling in the bustling city of Los Angeles.

The last exhibit I checked out were the African mammals. I found that these animals were very intriguing and made me feel like I wanted to go on an African safari. Animals such as the white colobus, spotted hyena, and the savanna elephant were a few of my favorites. The dioramas were well decorated to fit the scene in which they were displayed in. The attention to detail from the sky to the ground were amazing. Although I was not looking at the real deal, the museum did the best they could to make the exhibit appear genuine. Animals are included in my love for nature and the exhibit was overwhelmingly inspiring. I have a new found respect for these African animals and hope to learn more about them down the road.

I would highly recommend going to this museum especially if your a fan of nature, after all, it is the natural history museum. They have a variety of exhibits that are bound to appeal to almost anyone. After going, you will undoubtedly have more appreciation for nature as a whole. The sights were beautiful and I hope that everyone will see this museum at some point in their lives.

First two pictures taken from:

“NHM Home Page.” Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County, 6 Aug. 2012, nhm.org/site/.

No comments:

Post a Comment